All threads and topics are hidden to non-members!!
Please register and log in to view them.

Access to Sandara Park International Online requires log-in
Please enter your information. Thank you!!

Welcome to SPIO, we hope you'll have a wonderful stay :]

All threads and topics are hidden to non-members!!
Please register and log in to view them.

Access to Sandara Park International Online requires log-in
Please enter your information. Thank you!!

Welcome to SPIO, we hope you'll have a wonderful stay :]

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sheng07
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Sheng07

Female
Number of posts : 1752
Registration date : 2008-08-02

Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea Empty
PostSubject: Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea   Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 3:03 am

Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea 18bz8i10

At the start of the year, Girls Generation-fever hit the nation. Since then, heated up by the emergence of new idol groups like After School, 2NE1, and 4Minute, the girl group scene is flourishing. Having passed two years since their debut, Girls Generation dominated the music industry in the first half of 2009. The title song, “Gee,” topped KBS’ music chart for nine consecutive weeks, which was an unprecedented record for female singing groups. Also, 72,000 albums were sold, second highest among all contemporary singers. Consisting of nine members aged from 18 to 20, Girls Generation has attracted a mostly young following.

The groups’ next title song, “Genie,” once again confirmed their top status. The song received an explosive reaction from fans. If their earlier song, “Gee,” was a girlish approach, the new song emphasized mature lady images out of the nine girls.

New female groups joined the wave and fired up the atmosphere further.

Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea 9qh8ab10

In January, After School, adopting the tried-and-tested concept of school girls, introduced “AH,” their debut song. Their hot gym clothes as stage outfits, matched with electric hip-hop music captured K-pop fans’ attention. Before releasing their second single album, the team recruited new member E-ui, adding freshness and vivacity to the group. Then, the second song, “Diva” quickly joined the top K-pop line.

Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea 2ilbng10

In May, girl group 2NE1 came into the spotlight (some say as a woman version of Big Bang). Nearly 10,000 mini-albums were bought in first three months since their debut. Title song “Fire” set records and their following song, “I Don’t Care,” is currently continuing the stream, smashing charts for five consecutive weeks. In July, it was the most downloaded song, beating out “Gee” by Girls Generation

Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea 2cpfei10

Teenage girl group 4Minute debuted in June, stepping into the limelight even before they hit the stage,

4Minute enthralled TV viewers with their stylish and “candy funky” retro music. Their colorful outfits revived even retro fashion. On Aug. 20, the group released their first mini album, “For Muzic.”

Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea 2w2lct10

Having recently made their comeback, Brown Eyed Girls and Kara are carrying on the girl group fad.

Brown Eyed Girls initially drew fans’ attention for their sensational music videos. Then, their so called “arrogant dance,” was unleashed on stages across the country for the song “Abracadabra,” of their third album. The song topped M.net music charts for three weeks, for the first time since their debut in 2006. “Unlike other idol groups, Brown Eyed Girls has climbed their way up the peak by themselves,” said the agent executive at a press conference.

Using local popularity as a stepping stone to still greater fame, some girl groups are attempting to make an advance overseas.

Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea 2la7im10

Following Rain, BoA, and Se7en, this summer, Wonder Girls made their debut in the United States, with the English version of “Nobody,” a mega-hit song in Korea. Last month Wonder Girls finished tour openings for Jonas Brother’s concerts, in front of tens of thousands of people each night. Appearing on a national TV talk show and a Disney radio channel, the group is increasing their recognition on the continent. The group even topped iTunes top 100 chart, coming in at 78.

Some groups are incorporating foreign-educated or foreign-born women into their acts.

In Girls Generation, Soo-young studied in Japan and Hyo-yeon studied in China. Tiffany and Jessica are American-born who came to Korea seeking stardom.

A member of the group Kara is also from North America. Her not-so-perfect Korean appeals local fans as cute. It is said the group will expand abroad in the second half of 2009.

4Minute is also getting ready for their international debut. According to a phone interview with an executive of CUBE Entertainment, 4Minute has begun hammering out plans to expand into other East Asian countries. “Wonder Girls‘ successful debut and performances in United States will be a good example for many local girl groups seeking a U.S. debut,” said the executive.

The golden days of girl groups seems to just beginning.

Source: The Korea Herald
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1094547997&ref=pr
vanchgeline18
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
vanchgeline18

Female
Number of posts : 2141
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea   Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 8:37 am

Girl group domination. Not bad. It's our time.
Back to top Go down
Sheng07
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Sheng07

Female

PostSubject: Re: Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea   Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 2:49 pm

another group from SM Entertainment just released at teaser yesterday... they will be a pop dance group called F(x). so yeah, this year is girl group year.
Back to top Go down
vanchgeline18
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
vanchgeline18

Female

PostSubject: Re: Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea   Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 6:45 am

One group after another. That's not bad but I hope our 2NE1 will be in the music industry for a long time. Like the boy group Shinwa.
Back to top Go down
Sheng07
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Sheng07

Female

PostSubject: Re: Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea   Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 3:34 pm

i hope so too!! but i love all these groups so i have nothing against every one of them. they share great music and its inspiring
Back to top Go down
vanchgeline18
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
vanchgeline18

Female

PostSubject: Re: Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea   Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 5:50 am

That's true also. K-Pop is really here (Phils.) now. Whether it can be heard thru boy group or girl group... It's "IN" now.
Back to top Go down
Sheng07
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Sheng07

Female

PostSubject: Re: Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea   Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 6:06 am

yes!!
Back to top Go down
jiro_ejlr
TRAiNEE
TRAiNEE
jiro_ejlr

Male
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea   Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 10:47 pm

hey.. where is the The Grace group??..
Back to top Go down
Sheng07
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Sheng07

Female

PostSubject: Re: Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea   Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 2:14 am

they are a mainstay in japan and china...
Back to top Go down
vanchgeline18
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
vanchgeline18

Female

PostSubject: Re: Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea   Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 2:53 am

The Grace is in China and Japan most of the time? Is Stephanie Chunmu a member of The Grace? I like her.
Back to top Go down
Sheng07
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Sheng07

Female

PostSubject: Re: Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea   Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 4:43 am

yes stephanie is a part of the grace
Back to top Go down
vanchgeline18
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
vanchgeline18

Female

PostSubject: Re: Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea   Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 6:10 am

I like Stephanie. She's a great dancer. I saw some of her performance in X-man (Dangyunhaji Portion and couple selection portion). She's awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sheng07
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Sheng07

Female

PostSubject: Re: Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea   Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 6:12 am

yes! i love her too... wow i miss xman so much.
i also like her in the smtown album 2 years ago
Back to top Go down
vanchgeline18
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
vanchgeline18

Female

PostSubject: Re: Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea   Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 3:20 pm

I miss Xman too! I hope the show will be revived in the near future. A lot of popular stars have been there. The show is so enjoyable to watch. No dull moments because of the hosts. I like the tandem of Yoo Jae Suk and Kang Ho Dong. Park Kyung Lim too!
Back to top Go down
Sheng07
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Sheng07

Female

PostSubject: Re: Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea   Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 5:18 pm

i like their dance part and dangyunhaji!!!
there are tons of games that they do that are too funny to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea   Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea Empty

Back to top Go down

Golden Days for Girl Groups in Korea
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Everything Sandara :: NEWS-
Jump to: