All threads and topics are hidden to non-members!!
Please register and log in to view them.

Access to Sandara Park International Online requires log-in
Please enter your information. Thank you!!

Welcome to SPIO, we hope you'll have a wonderful stay :]

All threads and topics are hidden to non-members!!
Please register and log in to view them.

Access to Sandara Park International Online requires log-in
Please enter your information. Thank you!!

Welcome to SPIO, we hope you'll have a wonderful stay :]

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Disappearance of Ballads in Kpop

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
vanchgeline18
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
vanchgeline18

Female
Number of posts : 2141
Registration date : 2009-05-16

The Disappearance of Ballads in Kpop Empty
PostSubject: The Disappearance of Ballads in Kpop   The Disappearance of Ballads in Kpop EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 11:01 am

The Disappearance of Ballads in Kpop 2ne1_212

In Korea, the song genre “Ballad” has literally disappeared from sight. Instead dance music has been dominating the kpop industry especially this summer.

Ballads have long disappeared from music charts and record sales charts. Music sites such as melons, Mnet, Bugs top 20 ranked songs have only 2 ballads. The same goes for sales. Aggregate sales as seen in Hanteo album charts has been dominated by 2NE1, Drunken Tiger, Epik high, MC Mong, FT Island, Brown Eyed Girls and Girls’ Generation.

This phenomenon has been continuing since the beginning of the year. This year, the popular genre of music is hiphop and dance music. Popular songs in 2009 include So Nyeo Shi Dae’s “Gee” and “Tell Me Your Wish”, Davichi’s “8282″, Super Junior’s “Sorry Sorry”, Big Bang & 2NE1’s “Lollipop”, 2NE1’s “Fire” and “I Don’t Care”, MC Mong’s “Indian Boy” and Outsider’s “Alone”.

Even Ballad Queen Baek Ji Young is following the trend and is slated to comeback this summer with a dance music album.

The reason hiphop and dance music is popular nowadays is because of the colourful visuals and exciting performance portrayed, which is perfect for the summer and pleasing to the ears and eyes of the audience. However, not to worry, as Autumn and Winter approaches, ballads are expected to return.

Source: daily k pop news; Kimchilicious
Posted by: minsarang on daily k pop news

Last edited by vanchgeline18 on Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : upload image)
Back to top Go down
vanchgeline18
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
vanchgeline18

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Disappearance of Ballads in Kpop   The Disappearance of Ballads in Kpop EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 11:02 am

I'm trying to post the image for this article but just like before I am having problem with my internet connection. I'll try editing it some other time.
Back to top Go down
vanchgeline18
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
vanchgeline18

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Disappearance of Ballads in Kpop   The Disappearance of Ballads in Kpop EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 11:27 am

At lasts....! I was able to upload the image. I hate my internet connection...................................... so much..............................
Back to top Go down
Neko13Momoiro
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Neko13Momoiro

Female
Number of posts : 996
Registration date : 2009-05-19

PostSubject: Re: The Disappearance of Ballads in Kpop   The Disappearance of Ballads in Kpop EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 5:01 am

HipHop are great~ but I really like Ballad songs.. They made me cry sometimes even though I don't understand the language as long it is ballad, it will make me cry (T_T)
Back to top Go down
http://neko13momoiro.blog.friendster.com/
Sheng07
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Sheng07

Female
Number of posts : 1752
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: The Disappearance of Ballads in Kpop   The Disappearance of Ballads in Kpop EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 8:51 am

most of the time ballad songs in korea is famous because they are a part of an OST album.. unless you already have a name in the industry, then people would go and check it out.

if you guy watch star golden bell... there are alot of ballad singers there that guest-stars and sings a little bit of their song.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1094547997&ref=pr
lhadycus
NEW ARTiST
NEW ARTiST
lhadycus

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: The Disappearance of Ballads in Kpop   The Disappearance of Ballads in Kpop EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 10:21 am

hahhaha....

2ne1 is so cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Disappearance of Ballads in Kpop   The Disappearance of Ballads in Kpop Empty

Back to top Go down

The Disappearance of Ballads in Kpop
Page 1 of 1