All threads and topics are hidden to non-members!!
Please register and log in to view them.

Access to Sandara Park International Online requires log-in
Please enter your information. Thank you!!

Welcome to SPIO, we hope you'll have a wonderful stay :]

All threads and topics are hidden to non-members!!
Please register and log in to view them.

Access to Sandara Park International Online requires log-in
Please enter your information. Thank you!!

Welcome to SPIO, we hope you'll have a wonderful stay :]

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2NE1 comes under fire

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pinkpolar
Paparazzi (News)
Paparazzi (News)
pinkpolar

Female
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2009-04-12

2NE1 comes under fire Empty
PostSubject: 2NE1 comes under fire   2NE1 comes under fire EmptyTue May 12, 2009 6:19 pm

2NE1 comes under fire 21

Despite the overwhelmingly reception of 2NE1′s debut song “Fire,” netizens will inevitably look for material to knock the new pop act down a peg. In Korea, there are two ways to attack artists that do not involve calling them out for lack of talent: (1) Accuse them of plastic surgery, and (2) Claim they have plagiarized the work of someone else.

Seeing how Park Bom is touted as the “prettiest” member of the group and having the most pre-2NE1 debut exposure in Korea, netizens have been comparing pictures from her pre-debut days to her current state. Although she does look kinda plastic, the case is most likely she had plastic surgery done before she was brought out into the public. If you really look at the pictures, she looks exactly the same, except older and with heavier make-up.

2NE1 comes under fire 22-1
What would the netizens be doing unless looking for evidence of plagiarism?

2NE1’s “Space” version has been called out for sharing scenes identical to M.I.A’s “Jimmy” MV. Although the similarities cannot be denied, borrowing inspiration from other MVs does not qualify as “plagiarism.” If 2NE1 was replicating song lyrics or sampling music without permission, that would be stealing other artist’s intellectual property. Having Park Da-ra donning Indian ware and having a pixelated robot background for dance sequences that looks really similar to M.I.A’s MV is not plagiarism; that just means the directors and producers for 2NE1 weren’t very creative.

2NE1 comes under fire 23

By constantly accusing artists for plagiarism and cosmetic surgery does not really make the artists look made, it makes the industry people look bad for encouraging this kind of thing.

elitejean
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
elitejean

Female
Number of posts : 1077
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: 2NE1 comes under fire   2NE1 comes under fire EmptyTue May 12, 2009 8:16 pm

regarding this matter, i honestly think it's a waste of time.
cosmetic surgery..it's none of my business whether they got something done or not.
it's their own body/face, not mine so there really is no reason for me to dwell on that matter.
if they choose to admit going under the knife or not is also up to them.
something like that is a personal matter. what if it was you?? how would you feel...

i understand that many are curious, i am too because it's normal to be that way but i would prefer them to be the ones to say something about it and not the people around them. after all, some people can be really mean with their comments. these celebs are human too, we should at least give them space to allow them to breath and be themselves. being able to embrace them for who they really are with or without the bright lights of stardom is the best thing that a fan can do.

as for the MV -- 2NE1 vs M.I.A
seriously, i don't think it's that big of a deal.
why are we saying all this stuff when M.I.A herself is not even saying anything.
if the girls are indeed plagiarizing M.I.A,
i'm certain that she would have already said something about it.
if not now then maybe sometime soon.
for now, let's just chill...

same as what happened with 2NE1's "ToAnyone"
they later on discovered that they have the same name as another artist.
that's why their name was changed.

for now, let's just sit back and relax.
there's no point in getting worked up over this.
i'm looking forward to 2NE1's debut on May 17
whatever happens...i'll definitely keep supporting!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitejean.livejournal.com
Sheng07
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Sheng07

Female
Number of posts : 1752
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: 2NE1 comes under fire   2NE1 comes under fire EmptyTue May 12, 2009 8:21 pm

since everything is public, i think that everybody can copy that because its also a good idea... but its not like they copied it completely right???? yes this is definitely a waste of time jean.. but thanks for the info..
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1094547997&ref=pr
josellemae
TRAiNEE
TRAiNEE
josellemae

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-05-07

PostSubject: Re: 2NE1 comes under fire   2NE1 comes under fire EmptyWed May 13, 2009 4:22 am

I agree to jean, since they are starting, expect media to write some ont so good news about the band.. I mean, they are begginers and expect the media or people to say some not so good things about them. I hope you get what I mean yeah?,Smile and you knur, sometimes in media its a big deal, so its totally waste of time la~
Back to top Go down
http://www.starmagic-creations.co.nr
pinkpolar
Paparazzi (News)
Paparazzi (News)
pinkpolar

Female
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2009-04-12

PostSubject: Re: 2NE1 comes under fire   2NE1 comes under fire EmptyThu May 14, 2009 3:20 pm

All spotlight now are with 2ne1, and IMO netizen are just creating unreasonable scapegoat to slashed back the credibility of 2ne1. But you cannot stop them since this kind of MVs are still new in the eyes of korean audience.
Back to top Go down
Sheng07
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Sheng07

Female
Number of posts : 1752
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: 2NE1 comes under fire   2NE1 comes under fire EmptyThu May 14, 2009 4:27 pm

thats just basically what netizens do.... netizens will always have something to talk about any celebrity, especially when they appear in public.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1094547997&ref=pr
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2NE1 comes under fire   2NE1 comes under fire Empty

Back to top Go down

2NE1 comes under fire
Page 1 of 1