All threads and topics are hidden to non-members!!
Please register and log in to view them.

Access to Sandara Park International Online requires log-in
Please enter your information. Thank you!!

Welcome to SPIO, we hope you'll have a wonderful stay :]

All threads and topics are hidden to non-members!!
Please register and log in to view them.

Access to Sandara Park International Online requires log-in
Please enter your information. Thank you!!

Welcome to SPIO, we hope you'll have a wonderful stay :]

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

You Are So Beautiful to Me (Minji)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
vanchgeline18
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
vanchgeline18

Female
Number of posts : 2141
Registration date : 2009-05-16

You Are So Beautiful to Me (Minji) Empty
PostSubject: You Are So Beautiful to Me (Minji)   You Are So Beautiful to Me (Minji) EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 11:21 am

You Are So Beautiful to Me (Minji) Isak2_10

Former SM artist Isak gave an intriguing interview for an MTV Iggy special: K-Pop Uncovered: Making Bubblegum- Part Two. She had performed as part of an unsuccessful SM Entertainment act called Isak N Jiyeon.

You Are So Beautiful to Me (Minji) Isak_210

Nowadays, Isak works at Ariang Radio, expressing her views and observations about the state of K-pop. And she had interesting things to say about the evolution of the business.

In her day, it was enough to “just look pretty and dance” but now idols must earn hordes of adoring fans by showing a charismatic and endearing personality.

According to Isak , “it seem[s] to be becoming a trend for celebrities to be dating in Korea… a lot of people were coming forward and being honest about their relationships.” The trend is growing toward a star that is more natural and relatable, and Isak says 2NE1 is the embodiment of this trend.

You Are So Beautiful to Me (Minji) 2ne1_214

“I don’t think 2NE1 is the typical Korean pretty girl,” said Isak. “I think they’re the most beautiful girls in the world because they don’t have double eyelids; because they don’t have noses that hit the ceiling; because they don’t have that “entertainer” look that people have grown accustomed to.”

It’s good that 2NE1’s presence is encouraging a reevaluation of the industry, of course a good model for girls who don’t want to look like Hyori (though I think Dara is cheating it just a little. She’s undeniably pretty, and receiving much attention for being so). However, I think we should be careful when heaping praise for their rearrangement of the music landscape – the superlatives altogether hit me as complimentary and insulting.

Also, calculation is calculation, even when it is good calculation. Big Bang were considered against the norm when they first debuted also.

But, calculation or no, I’ll be sappy and say all girls are beautiful. Right Minji?

You Are So Beautiful to Me (Minji) Minji_-20090926_seoulbeats

Right.

Credits: Edward Chun of MTV Iggy.com l 21evo.com; Seoulbeats
Back to top Go down

You Are So Beautiful to Me (Minji)
Page 1 of 1