All threads and topics are hidden to non-members!!
Please register and log in to view them.

Access to Sandara Park International Online requires log-in
Please enter your information. Thank you!!

Welcome to SPIO, we hope you'll have a wonderful stay :]

All threads and topics are hidden to non-members!!
Please register and log in to view them.

Access to Sandara Park International Online requires log-in
Please enter your information. Thank you!!

Welcome to SPIO, we hope you'll have a wonderful stay :]

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

POPSEOUL!: Did 2NE1 heat up their debut stage?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sheng07
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Sheng07

Female
Number of posts : 1752
Registration date : 2008-08-02

POPSEOUL!: Did 2NE1 heat up their debut stage? Empty
PostSubject: POPSEOUL!: Did 2NE1 heat up their debut stage?   POPSEOUL!: Did 2NE1 heat up their debut stage? EmptyThu May 21, 2009 4:27 am

SOURCE: http://popseoul.com/2009/05/19/did-2ne1-he...age/#more-55937

Stage was hot, girls were not.

The long awaited and incredibly hyped debut stage of 2NE1 commenced on the music program Inkigayo this past weekend. Granted six minutes for their stage, 2NE1 had an impressive intro with the dancing solos and a pre-recorded elevator sequence where they rode the elevator to the actual performance stage. They were very breathy in this performance, but its been reported by fans that SBS had 2NE1 record the performance six times before settling on the last one. The atmosphere of the entire performance felt very amateur, and they could have benefited with some background dancers. Despite the big screen in the back being is a nice touch, the stage looked really empty. And the “Fire” choreography wasn’t enough to light up an entire stage.

Now to talk about the girls.

While Bom and Da-ra showed noticeable signs of exhaustion as their voices were fairly hoarse and their facial expressions weren’t very fresh, CL and Minzy maintained a very high level of energy and swagger throughout the performances. Even in the MV, for someone who has been touted in her pre-debut days as being a bomb dancer as in her appearance alongside Lee Hyori in “Anystar,” Bom looks extremely awkward and stiff when dancing. Da-ra really doesn’t exude that much personality or presence on stage, and if you have seen any videos of her small singing career in the Philippines, you know she doesn’t have the chops. The pretty faces in 2NE1 seem to be lacking in the extra “umph” department.

CL and Minzy may not be the most attractive looking ones, but what the lack in the face department, they sure make up for it in stage presence. In the live, however, CL has a tendency where she drops her microphone from her mouth before the verse ends and to let the backup track do the work. This can be a good thing because you know clearly which parts she is singing and which parts are from the track, or a bad thing because she doesn’t follow through all the way. However, Minzy really just kills it. Her dancing has by far the most power and her facial expressions, especially in the intro, are penetrating. Being only 15, she shows the most potential in the group.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1094547997&ref=pr
pinkpolar
Paparazzi (News)
Paparazzi (News)
pinkpolar

Female
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2009-04-12

PostSubject: Re: POPSEOUL!: Did 2NE1 heat up their debut stage?   POPSEOUL!: Did 2NE1 heat up their debut stage? EmptyThu May 21, 2009 7:19 am

Quote :
While Bom and Da-ra showed noticeable signs of exhaustion as their voices were fairly hoarse and their facial expressions weren’t very fresh, CL and Minzy maintained a very high level of energy and swagger throughout the performances. Even in the MV, for someone who has been touted in her pre-debut days as being a bomb dancer as in her appearance alongside Lee Hyori in “Anystar,” Bom looks extremely awkward and stiff when dancing. Da-ra really doesn’t exude that much personality or presence on stage, and if you have seen any videos of her small singing career in the Philippines, you know she doesn’t have the chops. The pretty faces in 2NE1 seem to be lacking in the extra “umph” department.

IMO, Well repeating the performance 6 times would definitely result of exhaustion. I'd observe Bom, something is wrong with her facial expressions (i dunno but i cannot explain, like something is missing and my sister told me that Bom's face was like swelling) but i told her maybe it's her make up. Where our Sandara (camera really loves her), If you will watched again the video she did a mistake in opening the fan 1:14 but her voice is still the same even they don't use digital sound. I feel pity when all of the fans are chanting to CL and Bom's name while Minzy and Sandy >.< you can't hear anything!!

For CL and Minzy, both of these girls rocks! I didn't notice anything to their performance except for minzy, she looks so tired. CL is super hyper I guess ^^
Back to top Go down
Sheng07
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Sheng07

Female
Number of posts : 1752
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: POPSEOUL!: Did 2NE1 heat up their debut stage?   POPSEOUL!: Did 2NE1 heat up their debut stage? EmptyFri May 22, 2009 1:44 am

there's alot of things that people notice especially if they are really expecting them to be the best.. but its their first time. ill give them the benefit of the doubt of course.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1094547997&amp;ref=pr
korniceman3000
TRAiNEE
TRAiNEE
korniceman3000

Male
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: POPSEOUL!: Did 2NE1 heat up their debut stage?   POPSEOUL!: Did 2NE1 heat up their debut stage? EmptyFri May 22, 2009 5:01 pm

Wonder if it's by design... Minzy always looks ready for a fight so she must be considered the renegade...

Overall, I think the performance was great (^__^) I don't exactly agree upon the style of the outfits (as some look a little strange IMO) but the performance seemed energetic and entertaining.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/korniceman3000
maumuy
TRAiNEE
TRAiNEE

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-05-23

PostSubject: Re: POPSEOUL!: Did 2NE1 heat up their debut stage?   POPSEOUL!: Did 2NE1 heat up their debut stage? EmptySat May 23, 2009 4:09 pm

dara did not give her best shot but she was great though... i know dara is not that good in singing but i like her.. . she was not good in dancing either , even way back in phil. but look at her now.. she can dance!!! great!! =0
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POPSEOUL!: Did 2NE1 heat up their debut stage?   POPSEOUL!: Did 2NE1 heat up their debut stage? Empty

Back to top Go down

POPSEOUL!: Did 2NE1 heat up their debut stage?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Everything Sandara :: NEWS-
Jump to: