All threads and topics are hidden to non-members!!
Please register and log in to view them.

Access to Sandara Park International Online requires log-in
Please enter your information. Thank you!!

Welcome to SPIO, we hope you'll have a wonderful stay :]

All threads and topics are hidden to non-members!!
Please register and log in to view them.

Access to Sandara Park International Online requires log-in
Please enter your information. Thank you!!

Welcome to SPIO, we hope you'll have a wonderful stay :]

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

YG on 2NE1, 2010 and why award shows suck

Go down 
AuthorMessage
vanchgeline18
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
vanchgeline18

Female
Number of posts : 2141
Registration date : 2009-05-16

YG on 2NE1, 2010 and why award shows suck Empty
PostSubject: YG on 2NE1, 2010 and why award shows suck   YG on 2NE1, 2010 and why award shows suck EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 11:33 am

YG on 2NE1, 2010 and why award shows suck 20091003_bigbang2ne1_main

Considering all the success he has obtained this year, as far as record company CEOs go , Yang Hyun-Suk (YG) could be held up as case study in how to do things right. Nate News interviewed the elusive head of YGE who opened up (a little bit) about his company’s success, the ever-present controversy, and what the future has in store for YG artists not named Big Bang or 2NE1.

YG on 2NE1, 2010 and why award shows suck Yanghyunsuk1-201x300

YG was of course very satisfied with the successes of rookie group 2NE1 and Big Bang leader G-Dragon. He acknowledged some of the difficulties he faced this year, including the infamous plagiarism case(s), but said that he has come to see the controversies as “part of our personal growth.” YG spoke of his idol girl group quite a bit, mentioning his surprise at their debut having succeeded his expectations. 2NE1 have performed impressively this awards season; when asked about his view of Korea’s awards systemYG said -

“I don’t really think of awards charts that much since they are prone to error and other negative factors. Sometimes, they are influenced by a group’s existing power and the largeness of the company backing them up.”

YG then waxes poetic as to how he and his company are revolutionizing the industry by hiring ugly people. All right it was not quite that harsh, and I admire him for his lack of superficiality, but must Daesung always be drawn into these discussions? You would think that boy was Quasimodo, with all the drama over his looks.

“…I have a different standard from the rest of the industry, who opt for pretty or handsome members. I believe appearance comes second to skill….”Some people may see him as ugly, but I find DaeSung very attractive. I have a clear difference from stylized norms. I want to destroy the existing norms and standards through 2NE1.”

Very ambitious. So what does YG have in store for 2010? Well, now that G-Dragon’s gotten all of the Lady Gaga out of his system, expect Big Bang to come back with a big album next year. YG also plans to continue projects with 2NE1, Gummy and Se7en (who would have thought he’d be outsold by the Wonder Girls in the US?). YG is also feeling Lee Hyori’s style, and hints at an YG equivalent in the near future. I say save the time and money – send CL solo. CL as the next Lee Hyori? Now that would be revolutionizing the industry.

Cr: Nate E-News, translated by Becca@21evo

Source: http://seoulbeats.com
Back to top Go down

YG on 2NE1, 2010 and why award shows suck
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Everything Sandara :: NEWS-
Jump to: